Having an impact
We are on a mission to amplify the voices of disenfranchised members of underrepresented communities.
We empower storytellers.
Through our Arts initiative, we work to amplify the voices of disenfranchised storytellers from underrepresented communities. We partner with organizations in the entertainment industry that mentor up-and-coming writers, producers, directors. Our firm provides free or discounted entity formation services, and our lawyers counsel participants on the ins and outs of forming corporations and LLCs.
Our goal is to help women build more and build better.
New companies are fueled by ideas, passion, and hard work. Increasingly, those companies are created by women taking charge in their professions; women who are no longer willing to follow or content with the status quo. When women lead, they advance possibilities and cultural dynamics not just for themselves and their employees, but for all.
We formed hundreds of corporations for first time entrepreneurs — for free.
We waived our legal fees for hundreds of first time entrepreneurs. Read about us in the Los Angeles Business Journal.
How we can help.
We’re reducing our fees for disenfranchised storytellers from underrepresented communities.
Our flat charge includes legal counsel regarding every aspect of the structure of your new company.
- Determine name availability and reserve corporate name in states where appropriate
- Prepare and file Certificate/Articles of Incorporation/Formation with Secretary of State All Secretary of State filing fees
- Prepare all Organizational Documents (Operating Agreement (for LLCs only); Bylaws and Organizational Minutes, authorizing election of officers and directors, establishment of bank account, issuance of stock, and other matters (for Corporations) Prepare and file IRS form SS-4 and obtain Federal Tax Identification Number
- Prepare and file IRS Form 2553 and State S-election (e.g., CT-6) to elect “S” status, if applicable
- For corporations, prepare and issue stock certificates Organizational documents available online Automatic enrollment in eMinutes Entity Management service Agent for Service of process for six months (provided by eResidentAgent, Inc.)
- Key ancillary documents (e.g., Medical Expense Reimbursement Plan, Employment Agreement, Promissory Notes/ Revolving Line of Credit)
- Follow up to ensure all documents are properly signed, filed, fees are paid, and formation is properly completed.
For those participants launching businesses as part of an EMINUTES’ designated partner mentor program or incubation lab, we form their corporations for free (including filing fees). And free means free — we’ll pay the filing fees and we will customize the corporate documents, just like we do for all of our paying clients.
Only self-funded (no venture capital) candidates working with an CPA and launching a business in California, New York or Texas are eligible for a free incorporation.