We are on a mission to amplify the voices of storytellers.
For more than two decades, we have had the honor and privilege to maintain more than 33,000 companies for the world’s best known actors, producers, directors, writers, athletes, and musicians. The entertainment community has supported our firm, and now we are on a mission to amplify the voices of women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+, seniors, underrepresented, disenfranchised, and emerging filmmakers.
Calling all champions of diversity.
We’re partnering with champions of diversity, equity and inclusion who feel, as we do, that film is a lens that recognizes and promotes the dignity of others.
Our support will take several forms: We’re establishing financial grants with organizations such as Outfest’s Screenwriting Lab , Women in Film, and The Groundlings; we’re providing resources to film festivals like the Los Angeles Diversity Film Festival; and we’re using our network to support the activities of organizations that open doors for disenfranchised storytellers from underrepresented communities.
If you are a festival director or part of an organization that supports BIPOC, emerging, LGBTQ+, seniors, women, or underrepresented/disenfranchised filmmakers, we’d like to hear from you.
How we can help.
We’re reducing our fees for disenfranchised storytellers from underrepresented communities.
Our flat charge includes legal counsel regarding every aspect of the structure of your new company.
- Determine name availability Reserve corporate name in states where appropriate
- Prepare and file Certificate/Articles of Incorporation/Formation with Secretary of State All Secretary of State filing fees
- Prepare all Organizational Documents (Operating Agreement (for LLCs only); Bylaws and Organizational Minutes, authorizing election of officers and directors, establishment of bank account, issuance of stock, and other matters (for Corporations) Prepare and file IRS form SS-4 and obtain Federal Tax Identification Number
- Prepare and file IRS Form 2553 and State S-election (e.g., CT-6) to elect “S” status, if applicable
- For corporations, prepare and issue stock certificates Organizational documents available online Automatic enrollment in eMinutes Entity Management service Agent for Service of process for six months (provided by eResidentAgent, Inc.)
- Key ancillary documents (e.g., Medical Expense Reimbursement Plan, Employment Agreement, Promissory Notes/ Revolving Line of Credit)
- Follow up to ensure all documents are properly signed, filed, fees are paid, and formation is properly completed.
For those participants launching businesses as part of an EMINUTES’ designated partner mentor program or incubation lab, we form their corporations for free (including filing fees). And free means free — we’ll pay the filing fees and we will customize the corporate documents, just like we do for all of our paying clients.
Only self-funded (no venture capital) candidates working with an CPA and launching a business in California, New York or Texas are eligible for a free incorporation.