Delaware Agent for Service of Process
The Delaware Corporations Code requires that the Certificate of Incorporation include the name and address of the corporation’s initial agent for service of process. A similar requirement applies to LLCs.
More Delaware Resources.
*** The State of Delaware encourages Listed Resident Agents to summarize Delaware’s requirements regarding filings and other matters:
1) All filings with the Delaware Division of Corporations are public record including annual reports listing directors of corporations;
2) Delaware legal entities are prohibited from the sale or transfer of shares or ownership interests in bearer form;
3) Every Delaware legal entity is required to provide its registered agent with the name of a natural person who acts as the communications contact for the entity;
4) Delaware registered agents are required to retain the above communications contact information; and
5) Federal and state laws provide legal mechanisms, recourse and due process to enable officers, directors, shareholders and law enforcement to inspect the books and records of an entity.