Can you explain the difference between eMinutes and eResidentAgent?
Our law firm offers two ongoing services for our clients: entity management (eMinutes) and resident agent services (eResidentAgent).
Please play the video below that describes our entity management service, and see the detailed descriptions of each service below.
Description of our Resident Agent Service
All states require that a company formed or qualified to do business in that state have an agent for service of process to accept legal documents if the company is served. We act as resident agent in all 50 states. Our annual fee is $145, and there is no additional charge when you are served. If we are served on your company’s behalf more than twice in any twelve-month period, we simply charge out-of-pocket costs for the delivery of those documents. We deliver documents that are served on us via FedEx (2nd Day) and e-mail (scanned PDFs) at no additional charge. We will even send complimentary courtesy copies.
Description of our Entity Management Service
eMinutes is responsible for the corporate compliance for more than 25,000 companies. We handle more than 30,000 annual Secretary of State filings. Our scale enables us to constantly hone our systems, invest in technology (nearly $4 million to date), Our annual fee is $155 for corporations and $135 for LLCs. The flat charge includes the following:
- Prepare annual corporate minutes of the shareholders and board of directors with detailed, customized corporate resolutions (corps only)
- Monitor Secretary of State filings
- Proactively file all Secretary of State filings
- Ensure that the company is active in the jurisdictions where it conducts business
- Provide a secure, online library of entity documents and key entity information