When women own and lead corporations, they affect cultural change and provide opportunities for future generations.
Our goal is to help women build more and build better.
For twenty-five years, we have had the honor and privilege to maintain more than 38,000 companies for the world’s best-known actors, producers, directors, writers, athletes, and musicians. We’re helping to amplify the voices of underrepresented storytellers through our Arts Initiative and now we are proud to launch the EMINUTES Women’s Entrepreneur Initiative and amplify the voices women leaders.
women taking charge
Making Money and Making Waves
New companies are fueled by ideas, passion, and hard work. Increasingly, those companies are created by women taking charge in their professions; women who are no longer willing to follow or content with the status quo. When women lead, they advance possibilities and cultural dynamics not just for themselves and their employees, but for all.
Women business leaders are credited with increasing collaboration, professional balance, diversity of perspectives, problem solving and team building in their companies…along with increasing revenues and public trust.
When women own and lead corporations, they affect cultural change and provide opportunities for future generations. Our Women Entrepreneurs Initiative was created to help women build more and build bigger.
Build More, Build Better
While women start new businesses at a slightly higher rate than men do, they employ just 8% of U.S. workers and often struggle to expand. By empowering women in growing larger businesses, we can amplify their influence as employers, industry leaders, revenue generators, and community builders.
We support women entrepreneurs so they can focus energy on their core work instead of the complex aspects of incorporating, forming LCCs or complying with board meeting records requirements. Participants can be confident that their businesses are protected by the best legal framework as they expand.
Our society is ready – eager, actually – for women to own and lead the largest corporations and women are ready not just to have a seat at the table, but to own the table. By helping women establish a solid legal foundation for their companies, EMINUTES gives women-owned businesses a substantial boost forward.
For women entrepreneurs
Simplifying Entry Barriers
Female entrepreneurs can focus on their growth plans and leave the foundational legal work to us. EMINUTES provides education about incorporating or forming an LLC, as well as a discount to women forming corporations – a fee of just $595 (including filing fees).
We will help you remove the uncertainty of how to classify your business and stay in legal compliance, just as we’ve done for thousands of other companies for two decades.
Our flat charge includes legal counsel regarding every aspect of the structure of your new company.
- Determine name availability Reserve corporate name in states where appropriate
- Prepare and file Certificate/Articles of Incorporation/Formation with Secretary of State All Secretary of State filing fees
- Prepare all Organizational Documents (Operating Agreement (for LLCs only); Bylaws and Organizational Minutes, authorizing election of officers and directors, establishment of bank account, issuance of stock, and other matters (for Corporations) Prepare and file IRS form SS-4 and obtain Federal Tax Identification Number
- Prepare and file IRS Form 2553 and State S-election (e.g., CT-6) to elect “S” status, if applicable
- For corporations, prepare and issue stock certificates Organizational documents available online Automatic enrollment in eMinutes Entity Management service Agent for Service of process for six months (provided by eResidentAgent, Inc.)
- Key ancillary documents (e.g., Medical Expense Reimbursement Plan, Employment Agreement, Promissory Notes/ Revolving Line of Credit)
- Follow up to ensure all documents are properly signed, filed, fees are paid, and formation is properly completed.
We are delighted to extend to current participants in WIN cohorts and all WIN Lab alumnae a 50% discount off our regular formation rates, reducing the rate for the formation of a corporation or a LLC to $437.50, including filing fees. To learn more about our formation services, click here. To speak with one of our attorneys or get started on the formation of a new business entity, please contact us here.